Rates for Private Pay Therapy Services
My fee ranges between $125 to $150 per 55 minute session depending on the type of therapy service and number of people included in the session. If you prefer 90 minutes + per session and/or more than 1 – 2 people present per session, those rates are available upon request.
I accept cash, check, credit, debit, flexible spending and health saving cards from Visa, MC, Discover, and American Express. All credit card information is securely stored through my HIPAA compliant client portal system.
Payment or Co-Payment where applicable, is due at the time of service.
Please ask about availability of sliding-scale if you are in need of a reduced rate. I use https://openpathcollective.org/ for sliding scale requests when I have availability.
I am an In-Network provider with Blue Cross Blue Shield, MedCost, HealthGram-Physician’s Network, Magellan (non-EAP), Aetna & Crescent Health Solutions.
I am an Out-of-Network provider for other insurance plans. The insurance plans accepted updates fairly frequently. Please ask about your plan when you contact me. (Please also be aware that most insurance companies do not cover couples or marriage counseling.)
Out-of-Network Insurance Benefits for Therapy
If clients choose to use their out-of-network (OON) insurance benefits for my service, client’s pay me for services at the time they are provided. I then provide those clients with a billing invoice that has the information your insurance company will need to consider reimbursement.
Submitting your invoice for out-of-network reimbursement is usually not a difficult process and most companies will send you a reimbursement check within 8-14 days. Most insurance companies offer 40-75% reimbursement, but you should call your insurance company to determine what your specific out-of-network benefits are.
Questions to ask your insurance company are:
- What are my out of network benefits for outpatient mental health?
- Is pre-authorization required?
- How many sessions do I get under this benefit?
- Is Jennifer Belham, LPC or Western Mountains Counseling, PLLC an acceptable provider for this benefit?
- What is my deductible?
- What is the policy year?
- How much of the deductible has been met this year to date?
- What is the co-pay or the co-insurance once the deductible has been met?
- Will the insurance company reimburse me (the client) once the deductible has been met?
- To what address should the bill be sent should I decide to ask for reimbursement?
- What is the Fee for Therapy?
I accept cash, check and all major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!