Couples counseling can help you break the old negative cycles and patterns that keep you feeling stuck and helpless to make it better.
- Has your relationship become fractured with arguments and conflict?
- Has trust been broken in your relationship and you've tried everything unsuccessfully to get it back?
- Have you or your partner considered splitting up, but aren't sure if you should try to save the relationship or separate?
- Do you feel disconnected from your partner and tried everything to renew the love you once felt together?
- Is your relationship fairly healthy, and you want to make sure it stays so?
I offer Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for Couples because it has been rigorously tested and researched and found to be effective. EFT is a short-term, (averaging 20 sessions) approach focused on breaking old argument patterns and strengthening emotional bonds and understanding between partners. Empirical research has supported the effectiveness of EFT, showing that 70-75% of couples move from distress to recovery and about 90% show significant improvements (the best results of any couple therapy) and evidence shows that these positive effects last over time.
Couples counseling can help you find peace in your relationship and rediscover and strengthen the bonds of love you are longing for with your partner.
Therapy is an investment in your relationship. While it can be hard work, it can be very rewarding, offering you life-long renewed love and joy in your most meaningful relationships.
Curious about EFT Couples Counseling? Dr. Sue Johnson (founder of EFT) shares how to tell if your relationship is in trouble and how to prevent breaking up.
If you are ready to break free from disconnection and find peace, stability, and intimacy again, contact me to set up a free 30-minute consultation for couples counseling to see if we might be a good fit.