I have trained in a variety of therapy models and take a holistic approach to counseling. Additionally, I have advanced training and experience in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT), EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) for anxiety and traumatic experiences, Motivational Interviewing for behavior change, Parent-Child Interaction Therapy, various play therapy techniques and Love and Logic Parenting of children and adolescents.
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC)
- Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC), National Board of Certified Counselors
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology, Kenyon College
- Master of Science (MS) in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Western Carolina University
- Member, International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Member, American Counseling Association
I grew up in Cincinnati, and several cities in the mid-west and south, moving to beautiful Western North Carolina over a decade ago. As a spouse for 20+ years, a mother of two children (one grown and one not), and a former caregiver of a parent with Alzheimer’s Disease, I know the work that it takes to sustain healthy connections to loved ones, friends, family, and yourself. I’ve worked in hospital, school-based, and community mental health settings. Before becoming a counselor, I taught interpersonal, relational, and communication skills to adults.